Day 6: Ranfurly

What a delight to pull on freshly laundered clothes and smell the wholesome goodness of cedar or some such scent. Shortly after we had the joy of a cool and surprisingly still morning to ride to Fairlie. The forecast was for gale north westerlies so I was delighted to move along in our own bubble of stillness. From Fairlie up to Burkes pass and then we cut across to MacKenzie pass.   Now the wind did arrive but fortunately mostly from over our shoulder. It wasn’t a problem and so we cruised through a planned leisurely short day. We had the best cinnamon roll in New Zealand in Kurow, also known for producing the best All Black in NZ. I can’t quite recall his name. 
Settle down, settle down, I’m just winding you up. I think her name is Portia Woodman and she doesn’t come from Kurow. 
A quick trip over Danseys pass and then an afternoon bike service. Fresh oil and air filters. 
Good to go again tomorrow. I’m hoping the weather continues to be kind to us as we will be spending long periods on the tops over the next couple of days so wind and rain are not what we are after. 
Highlight of the day, apart from my clean clothes, was Bernie telling us he worked with a guy called Richard Puller. His folks had a sense of humour. Refer back to statement on our mental age. By the way, we have sorted all the world’s problems. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=11oRkGpxJAI-1_Ls2gUY-jqDgGullmug5https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1QQsPedyEbl7a9HvXSmBT2UIktm8nxRaQhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1MFnsnY3lLzVGG1GjAQEcP1Pq8bN03nYZhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1cw_dD4RjodYmjjsVQNtVqO_K3Kdm4KE7https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1x01w_DttSZSRFYBYKBBqDYLhw85eRY-Phttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=15Q_nENu-1OewtGsUW0N1FrYJj3-SLCUBhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1NzZo2XActINFQBMHkCBh5PZWqAIMgpVr

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 14: Home

Day 5: Geraldine

Day 11: Fairlie