Day 1:Turangi

Well well well. Finally on our way. I think Jennie will be thankful that I am out the house as the pacing up and down over the last 24 hours was becoming tiresome even to me. I mixture of pre ride nerves, anticipation and biblical weather meant sleep was light and conversation was boring (for anyone other than me). 
Actually I was boring myself as well. I might get a job with Metservice after this though. 
Of course once one heads out the door life is quickly left behind and existence is rapidly narrowed to a strip of road and passing sights and sounds. That lasted 100m when I realised I hadn’t done up my helmet strap, set trip meters and generally sorted myself out. I rode down to Whakamaru, the traditional place for Dave Lear and i to meet. The other 2 are somewhere but not here. We will see Bernie later and hopefully Dave Mac tomorrow. Don’t ask, I don’t. 
Today was part one of our transport down south and thankfully it was uneventful. Lots of water falling so not lots of photos. My waterproof gear is sliding down the scale from very waterproof not very waterproof. Right. Time for a cup of tea. Early start over the desert road tomorrow. It won’t be very deserty I don’t think. https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1uRObLO_cIX43guW7c6mcJ3Nqhb4bKw2Ohttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1CbHg78sWfyxX6oIC77SoYcfKcmkNGQBIhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1IuxWIdTBIEuvlQceMx_Xw2od9936OnEp

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 14: Home

Day 5: Geraldine

Day 11: Fairlie